Thursday, May 17, 2012

I love you because...

It is no secret that I have spent much of my Twenties consumed by my relations with the wrong men.  At present, I am trying to focus on myself and letting love come into my life, "organically" (as I keep saying).  True, I allow myself to get a little too distracted with my boy-crazy tendencies.  But hey, I'm not dead. Anyway, I thought it would be fun to write a little love letter to the right guy, whoever he may be. The following are the reasons I will fall in love with him, and will keep loving him.

Huh... thinking about this list.  I think I want a lumberjack.  


You are strong, yet gentle. You fiercely protect what is important to you.  You stand up for yourself and refuse to put up with bullshit from the world around you.  You are not afraid to work hard and get dirty.  You are tough. Yet, you show compassion and kindness to our dogs, our friends' children, and all other beings more weak and meek than you.

You do Man Stuff.  You can change the oil in a car, change a tire, start the BBQ, line a fishing rod, unclog a toilet, kill spiders, take out the mouse traps.  I can do all these things too.  But there is something so primal and sexy about watching you do them.  Just promise you will let me keep cleaning the fish.  I love that shit.

Your beard keeps your face warm during all the chilly nights we spend in the wilderness.  It tickles the corner of my lips when you kiss me.  Your lack of a shaving routine promises you will never take longer than me, getting pretty in front of the mirror.

Your idea of a romantic dinner is one we create together, then enjoy outside in the company of our dogs.
 
You love dogs.  And always will.  And understand my love for them.

You tell me "Nice one" when I out-burp you.

You are healthy but love beer and cheese as much as I do.

You make me feel beautiful.  You love my love-handles for what they are.  Something to hold onto.

You love family.  Even if you don't have your own around, you willingly, because you want to, become part of mine.

You can dance the weekend away at a Bluegrass festival with me.  But you're completely okay with the DJ playing hair-bands at our wedding.

You love my cooking and don't just fake it to make me feel good.


You have your hobbies and let me have mine.  Though, we share our common interests as well.

You let me be emotional.  You respect that I am a woman, and it is my nature.  But you show me your logic.

You firmly believe beaches and cities are for vacation.  Mountains are for living.

You are responsible and keep your word.

You are my best friend.  We trust each other with all of our dirty little secrets.  We have no secrets from one another.

Tent sex. Enough said.

No comments:

Post a Comment