Thursday, May 3, 2012

Got My Robo Mojo Back



Last night, I had a wonderful time with my girl, Robo.  Like Bodhi and Trinity, Robo is one of  my wonderful friends that I simply cannot live without.  Robo too, is beautiful and bright.  But I would have to say her best quality is how genuine she is.  While kind and warm, she has this amazing "fuck it" attitude about her.  As a good Midwestern girl who is ever confident and secure in her own skin, Robo never tries to be someone she's not.  Her feet are planted firmly on the floor.  She is also the most honest person I know, and never sugar coats the truth.  Robo tells it like it is.  If someone is offended by hearing the truth or if someone has a problem with who she is, Robo says "Fuck 'em."  To Robo, life is just too damned short to worry about silly and superficial things.

Because of this, I feel most like myself when I am in Robo's presence.  She has the ability to make me relax and feel at home in my own mind whenever I am around her.  Many young couples, (understandably) value their privacy in the early stages of cohabitation.  Robo and her boyfriend, on the other hand, have a home that is warm and inviting.  There have been countless times the two of them have offered me their guest room, simply so I don't have to be alone.  I know that sometimes when I get down, I can be downright exhausting.  I can work myself into such a giant frenzy that I'm not even thinking clearly.  My words ramble the random jibberish going on in my brain.  Robo and her boyfriend never seem to tire of me.  And when they do, they certainly don't show it.  I love them for that.

When Robo returned after a two week visit with her family, I may have been just as excited to see her as her boyfriend was.  I needed some time with her.  To catch up and talk about what life has dealt each of the last two weeks.  But mostly just because I needed to feel more like me.  Few things can help me get there, than seeing this great friend of mine.  I feel so incredibly blessed to have her in my life.  I am so glad she's home.

No comments:

Post a Comment