Thursday, January 5, 2012

The Gloves Come Off

So as you know by now, I think The Writer is pretty swell. 

He is also my boyfriend. Really.  Honestly.  The other night, we discussed exclusivity and that is what we are.  He asked if I preferred him to refer to me as his "girlfriend" or "concubine."  I expressed that I prefer the former.  We have been dating (and calling, texting, IMing like a couple of teenagers) for the past month or so.  It may perhaps be a little quick for us to take ourselves off the market.  But what the hell; why not?  



For the first time in as long as I can remember, I proudly stood my ground while humbling myself to vulnerability and actually spoke up.  I did not wait for him to bring it up.  I did not just assume the best or the worst when he didn't bring it up.  I took charge of my well being and did it myself.  Remember my promise to myself to not hit the sack with him until after we became exclusive?  Being a little old fashioned isn't so bad.  We actually learned to like each other for reasons beyond the physical.  Whodathunkit?  Holy shit.  I'm a big girl now!

That has a boyfriend.

No comments:

Post a Comment